Being Thankful…for our grandchildren, that is!
When people hear I’m a grandparent of three they comment “you can’t possibly be” – but a proud grandparent I am. Likewise, are the over 75 million baby-boomers who are entering this amazingly rewarding right of passage and redefining their image about how a grandparent looks, acts, and thinks. Photo left is of my two handsome grandsons, Christian and Kaden, on Christian’s first day of school 2009. Click to continue reading…
Every eight seconds another baby boomer turns 50
To me, grandparenting is an exciting time when age 50 has become “the new 30” and traditional ideals of what it is to be middle-aged are now out the window – this 40-to-60 something crowd is holding on to their youth, albeit kicking and screaming as their emphasis turns to maintaining youthfulness along with a determination to lead a full, vital, rich life.
Boomer grandparents are not giving up careers or entrepreneurial aspirations to stay at home and bake cookies or knit, nor are they wearing knee-hi stockings and tight corset-type girdles as they go from grey to greyer. We may not do the same things our grandparents did but we are focused, active, professionally engaged, globe trotters, health conscious, and we look younger – on our own terms.
The Demands of Aging
With these exciting aging processes we find ourselves in the realization that we are thrust into many demands our grandparents didn’t face. Our adult children, spouses and friends need us, our grandchildren count on us, and our jobs and business ventures demand more and more as the world spins faster with less individual time, patience and sensitivity and we’re living longer. It’s also the time in our lives that we worry about having enough money to maintain the life-style we’ve earned and grown accustomed to.
Many of us are, have been, or will be, caregivers to our parents, grandparents and grandchildren. Because we are living longer, the demands on our energy and time require new life-style changes and methodologies to not only preserve our vitality and health, but also to enhance it.
We are the generation that plans for everything – now we have the opportunity to purposely plan for the mental and physical energy necessary to assist in carrying out our anti-aging long-range strategies; adding life to our years, not simply years to our life, naturally!
Daily I’m asked what nutrients I use and recommend for baby-boomers; those recommendations are not as “cut and dry” as they may seem since our specific needs and deficiencies are many. That said, in this and the subsequent article, I will attempt to answer all your questions about boomers as viewed at a glance from where I sit. Those recommendations will be at the bottom of this article.
Today, nutraceuticals have progressed to a level never before imagined; unique supplements to enhance mind and body are one of the most exciting and effective strategies to come along in our generation. The following nutraceuticals and distinctive herbals are formulated to benefit a wide spectrum of individuals who demand supplements and functional foods to not only assist them in living longer, but also provide convenience, quality and vitality to their lives.
What do baby-boomers demand out of nutritional and metabolic foods?
They know their body demands supplementation that is more challenging than ever to get simply from our modern diets, however, they demand specific professionally-formulated supplements that will:
ü Boost mental & physical energy – especially beneficial for busy retirees and professionals whose demanding lives and careers need a boost of natural energy for stamina and immune enhancement by strengthening and detoxifying blood functions (1).
ü Provide a convenient healthy source of protein that is readily digestible (2).
ü Supply a broad array of minerals and electrolytes that are bio-available (easily utilized within the body). In most individuals, this added supplementation is not needed if they consume medical foods or plenty of “live” food from juicing or raw vegetables because of their high mineral/electrolyte content. If you’re on a strict detox protocol, or experience chronic diarrhea or muscle cramps, additional support is needed (3).
ü Assist boomers in the youth of old age with enhanced cognitive function, memory enhancement & overall quality of life (4).
ü Enhance stamina from stress and lack of sleep (5).
In my subsequent article, I’ll provide you with insights for maximizing immunity, cellular energy, inflammation, reducing muscle fatigue and oxidative stresses.
As baby-boomers and grandparents, we can immortalize ourselves by leaving our soul with a child, after all, isn’t grand-parenting our second chance to make a difference in the life of a child? [The image below right is of my granddaughter Isabella who I adoringly call Isadorable]. We cannot accomplish making a positive difference in a child’s life if our long-term plans do not include providing our bodies and minds what they need to add life to our years, not merely years to our life.
Yes, the image of grand-parenting has changed and so has the new choices we have available for nutritional support, naturally.
(1)One such product is SWheat, organic and kosher wheatgrass juice powder that I’ve written so much about previously. Just one-teaspoon in water twice a day provides cellular energy while boosting immunity and providing the equivalent of 1.5 pounds of raw vegetables per teaspoon. It also acts as a “vacuum cleaner” for the blood – assisting in removal of toxic metabolic substances that prevent us from reaching our metabolic peak.
(2) This can easily be achieved through medical foods like Ultra GlycemX 360 that provide a hefty dose of vegetable protein derived from soy. In addition to making a tasty smoothie, it contains vitamins, minerals, and targeted plant nutrients to assist in providing energy while supporting normal blood sugar levels. Millions of boomers have developed Type 2 diabetes or are currently on the verge, with conditionslike Metabolic syndromes or Insulin-resistence. I use this shake on a daily basis rotated with other medical foods for overall detoxification like BioCleanse and for support of inflammation I use Bio-Inflammatory. These products are only available through health professionals.
(3) Electrolyte Plus C is very effective. It’s a professional product in a lemon-lime effervescent powder easily mixed into water.
(4) CogniFactors is a professional product that provides specific botanicals, amino acids, circulatory aides, antioxidants and nutrients for optimal cognitive function and memory enhancement. It’s in capsule form and I’ve found it to be very effective in patients after the initial load dose of about 6 weeks. For anyone beginning to exhibit signs of cognitive challenges, begin it now before “Your mind writes checks your body can’t cash.”
(5) Nothing helps overall health and anti-aging like good restful sleep. That said, it becomes more of a challenge as we age and our melatonin levels significantly drop. Sleep Factors, a complex I use and recommend with great success, is a natural blend that combines melatonin, botanicals known for centuries to encourage deep restful sleep, relaxing amino acids, minerals, and vitamins.
Your Health Detective:
Uncovering Clues to Add LIFE to Your Years…NOT Merely Years to Your Life, Naturally
Dr. Gloria Gilbère (aka Dr. G), N.D., D.A.Hom., Ph.D.,
EcoErgonomist, Wholistic Rejuvenist
Creator of certificated courses to become a Wholistic Rejuvenist™ (CWR) and for post-graduate education for health professionals. Go to www.gloriagilbere.com and click on Wholistic Skin & Body Rejuvenation (WSBR™) for course outline. Available on-site at worldwide locations, and via distance-learning at your convenience globally.
Dr. Gilbère is renowned worldwide for her work in identifying and finding natural solutions to chemically-induced and inflammatory disorders, multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, Gulf War Syndrome, and digestive disorders that defy conventional diagnosis and treatment. She consults worldwide via telephone and at her Institute in north Idaho. Visit her website at www.gloriagilbere.com for details about consulting with her.
- Is Spirulina Good For Arteries? How Can This Help Improve Overall Heart Health - September 10, 2023
- Spirulina Blood Pressure Benefits To Take Advantage Of - September 10, 2023
- Spirulina For Cancer: How Can This Blue-Green Algae Help? - September 10, 2023