Each and every cell in your body calls out for a unique nutrient that is responsible for the production of ALL of your body’s hormones as well as for proper functioning immune responses. Without sufficient amounts, you could end up with a host of diseases including cancer, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, immune system disorders, and other disorders too numerous to mention in this context. Click to continue reading…
Our government knows each of us requires adequate amounts of iodine in our diets in order to be healthy. That said, nutritonal guidelines tell us we’re getting adequate supply from guidelines instituted since the 1920’s.
In the early 1900’s, there was high prevalence of goiter or enlarged thyroid in the states bordering the Great Lakes (known as the ‘Goiter Belt’). Based on research by the state of Michigan, iodine clearly decreased incidents of goiters. Because of these findings, iodine was added in the 1920’s to table salt. Yes, the addition of iodine to salt has lessened prevalence of goiter both in the U.S. and worldwide, however, it is inadequate in the 21st century. Iodized salt is a poor source of the compound iodide because it is not bio-available to the body. Additionally, due to poor farming techniques, deficiencies of iodine and other minerals in the soil have dramatically increased. Crops grown in iodine-deficient soil will be iodine deficient.
Because of the toxic substances we’re now exposed to, specifically after WWII, we are exposed to compounds such as bromine, fluoride and chlorine. These toxic halogen compounds have invated our bodies, forcing iodine to compete for limited binding sites to work its magic.
In the 1980’s, bromine replaced iodine in the baking industry. Bakers used to use iodine to conditon their dough. In a flash of poor reasoning, the industry began to question the safety of using iodine in baked goods so they used bromine instead. Not only did this mean less iodine, even worse, bromine interferes with iodine utilization in the thyroid and other areas iodine concentrates within the body…AND, bromine is a known carcinogen!
So what’s the solution to safe natural iodine supplementation? I find both personally and professionally that an homeopathic iodine complex (1), made with homeopathic natural ingredients that support the thyroid, is better absorbed and utilized. It is made in a solution of glycerin and, therefore, easily tolerated by the majority of even the most sensitive individuals. If you decided to supplement your iodine by eating seaweed, you’d have to eat a small forest to get the correct amount and it’s difficult to measure for your particular deficiency.
To emphasize the shortcomings of the recommended nutritional guidelines that simply claim by supplementing our diet with iodized salt we’re getting enough, consider this:
- In the past 30 years, body levels of this life-saving nutrient dropped by nearly 50% in the U.S.
- Test conducted with over 4,000 patients in a clinci of an integrative medical doctor found shocking results that 96.5% tested low for this critical substance.
- Iodine is the missing link to your body achieving homeostasis, which is essential for good health.
- Iodine is the essential element for healthy thyroid hormone production.
- Without enough iodine, it’s impossible to balance your hormonal and endocrine systems.
- Studies conducted by Dr. Brownstein show adequate iodine is necessary for the immune system to function properly.
- Iodine is proven effective for treating fatigue, headaches, high blood pressure, liver disease, fibrocystic breasts and ovarian cysts, to mention a few.
- Iodine contains powerful antibacterial, antiparasitic, antiviral, and anticancer properties.
- Iodine has shown to cause apoptosis (cell death) in breast and thyroid cancer cells.
- It’s a strong antioxidant as well as an oxidant; the dual effect makes it a strong anticancer agent.
- Clinical studies show iodine can cause tumors to shrink and die from the center out (results with nodules and cysts in the thyroid, ovaries, and uterus.
- Low levels of iodine provide fertile ground for cancer to begin in hormonally sensitive tissues; prostate, thyroid, breast, uterus, and ovaries.
The Way I See It!
(1) The most bioavailable thyroid supplement I’ve used and recommended is Thyactin . Because it’s a homeopathic delivered in a glycerin base, it’s better tolerated by those with multiple allergic responses because it does not contain alcohol.
Your Health Detective:
Uncovering Clues to Add LIFE to Your Years…NOT Merely Years to Your Life, Naturally
Dr. Gloria Gilbère (aka Dr. G), N.D., D.A.Hom., Ph.D.,
EcoErgonomist, Wholistic Rejuvenist
Creator of certificated courses to become a Wholistic Rejuvenist™ (CWR) and for post-graduate education for health professionals. Go to www.gloriagilbere.com and click on Wholistic Skin & Body Rejuvenation (WSBR™) for course outline. Available on-site at worldwide locations, and via distance-learning at your convenience globally.
Dr. Gilbère is renowned worldwide for her work in identifying and finding natural solutions to chemically-induced and inflammatory disorders, multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, Gulf War Syndrome, and digestive disorders that defy conventional diagnosis and treatment. She consults worldwide via telephone and at her Institute in north Idaho. Visit her website at www.gloriagilbere.comfor details about consulting with her.
The preceding information is excerpted from the research by Christopher Ruddy and Dr. David Brownstein of the Newsmax organization in order to specifically relay relevant information about a life-saving nutrient.
- Spirulina For Diabetes: This Superfood Can Manage Blood Sugar Levels - September 24, 2023
- Is Spirulina Good For The Heart? Here Are 9 Benefits To Enjoy - September 24, 2023
- Is Spirulina Good For Arteries? How Can This Help Improve Overall Heart Health - September 10, 2023